and why it’s important for your soul journey
The world is so noisy these days, that I often fail to hear all the words being said to my soul
As much as I like to preach it, I’m probably one of the last to listen to the wisdom in those words. I simply let my desire to do more, overrule what my soul instinctively knows
MORE leads to burnout.
Getting quiet is key. But not simply being in a quiet place [although that is a vital component], but also quieting those inner places that are constantly telling you you’re not good enough… doing enough… (insert Your not enough here)
You Are Enough!
To hear the messages that our Creative Father has to give us, we first have to let go of what we think we know. Sometimes I have trouble letting go of something good in order to move into something better…
But what if that better – even if it doesn’t make any sense right now – will bring the peace and joy and calm that your weary soul needs?
If you are already feeling overwhelmed by all the plans you have for the year ahead, chances are you need to get quiet and reassess what’s most important to you. MORE doesn’t accomplish your goals
…habits and focus do.
and if you are in that place of overwhelm, chances are one of those two things will suffer.
Jordan Peterson said recently in an Instagram post – “Work as hard as you can on at least ONE thing, and see what happens”
While the caveat ‘at least’ releases you from ONLY choosing one thing- this simple sentence gave me permission to lay everything else down in favor of the One Thing.
I can’t even express the joy and peace that followed. Finally permission to let go and be… ME. The space in my head is clearing slowly, and I imagine that all the other things will fall into place in their time.
Are you feeling overwhelmed?
Listen to what your soul is trying to tell you- even if it doesn’t make sense right now.
And re-focus on one thing (at least for the moment) to get clear about where this journey is taking you.
I can’t wait to see what 2023 has in store for me and you my friend ♥️
- Holding on to Vision🙏This post will be a bit lengthy….but vision and life transformation cannot be conveyed in 200 characters or less. Take your time reading it if that is what is necessary…..Continue reading “Holding on to Vision”
- Remembering where you’ve come fromIs creativity calling you? Have you experienced that tiny whisper that says…”yes! Come and see what this art thing is all about.” There is so much out there on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram. It’s hard to know where to begin. I remember in the beginning, hoping on to social media only to spend hours and hours looking at someone else’s creative expression, yet never experiencing my own. [read more]
- …the journey aheadIs creativity calling you? Have you experienced that tiny whisper that says…”yes! Come and see what this art thing is all about.” There is so much out there on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram. It’s hard to know where to begin. I remember in the beginning, hoping on to social media only to spend hours and hours looking at someone else’s creative expression, yet never experiencing my own. [read more]
- the Art of StoryIf you’ve lived any time at all on this spinning ball of chaos, I guarantee you have a story to tell….maybe two or three Story is integral to who weContinue reading “the Art of Story”
- are you forgetting to breathe?The more we take on, the more stress we feel. And the more stress we have, the less peace we experience. When we lack feelings of peace, stuff begins to fall apart
- SELAH! the art of the pausethis pause in the path of my life has served to force me to slow down, re-assess where I was at, and ultimately consider where I wanted to be.